Tuesday 30 August 2011

Mince swirls

I had a jar of this stuff left over from Christmas. I didn't have time to make mince pies back then... But baking mince pies in August??!! No, that just wouldn't do it! I had to find an other recipe!
So I came up with this, in the original version it was filled with nuts and dried fruit, so that did sound great for me!
Mince swirls
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp caster sugar
50 g butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar



 Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar in a big bowl and rub in butter. Mix the milk and vinegar in another bowl (or use buttermilk instead if you have at home) and add enough to form a light dough. Roll it out as thin as you can and spread with the mince.
 Roll it up from both directions then cut in the middle.
 Cut into 1 cm thick slices and place on a lined baking sheet.
 Bake in a pre-heated (220 C) oven for about 15-20 mins then drizzle with some honey or apricot glaze.



No comments: